Friday, April 16, 2010

Day Five





I was happy to hear that the knock off mockup I made for my daughter Jean of a top she loves the fit of but finds the fabric too flimsy was a success. It fit just right and she says she can't believe I call it a mockup. (see photos)
There is not much mosaic progress today - we are waiting for deliveries and backpedaling. Amazon is having trouble processing our credit card for the purchase of the nippers and we don't know why. I just reentered the credit card information - which by the way was good enough for many other recent purchases including the mosaic book and we are nowhere near our credit limit.
There seems to be a dark cloud over more than northern Europe.
I even dreamt last night that I was in New York City getting on a train and a tall man grabbed my purse and manhandled my credit cards, stealing the very one that is now not working at Amazon.
Yesterday morning I went to the home of a custom clothing customer. She loves tiles and has many incorporated into her interior decor, including French and Spanish. The design theme of her home is "Monet". She even has a pond out back with a bridge just like the one at Giverny. I felt very much in my element.
I also had a chat with my good friend Sue who had been visiting mosaic supply sites online looking for mirror backed tiles. She didn't even know about my mosaic project or my blog. We had a good laugh over the coincidence.
Creatively I worked on touching up one of my illustration paintings (images show before and after) and tweeking until I was ready to keel over technical issues with the poster design for the Berkshire Bach Society spring concert:

No comments:

Post a Comment