Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Eleven

Milos found me a card table. Now my containers are up off the floor. I moved furniture around and set up the room to function better as a mosaic studio.  It was a great day. I made a lot of progress. I realize that for my "figures"
I absolutely have to use smaller pieces. I laid out the 3/4 inch tiles on my first motif and saw that the chunky look is not for me. Luckily another package arrived today: the nippers!!!
I had to really get busy cutting glass and grew more and more comfortable with the cutting machine. I love that the machines I use are not electric. I like a quiet workspace so that I can listen to the radio or a book on tape while I do the routine work. I usually need quiet to think through the initial conceptualizing and measuring however, though I am able to filter out a lot. I made a video of how I cut the class that I have put on my www.artrebecca.com website under "Art Demonstrations."

No comments:

Post a Comment