Friday, August 6, 2010

The Moon in the Morning

Here I have painted acrylic in the background areas. The next step is to use oils to dramatize the main subject: the character Jean on her bed.

I am working on my juvenile fiction novel this week, which I already referred to in my last entry about framing. Framing is not the only thing occupying me though! I am recording the entire manuscript using Garageband as a means to reconnect with the work and bring the story to life, using voices, music and sound effects. In the process I realize ways to revise the words and enhance the illustrations. I decided I really needed a new illustration for Chapter One! My under underpainting sketch is above.
In this you can see how I have added the metallic edges and sculpted out the feet - to enhance the sensation of depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment